- By Zok on March 12, 2013Shigeru Miyamoto talked a lot about the Wii U’s future, telling Polygon about Nintendo’s thinking behind possibly using the Nintendo 3DS handheld as a second Wii U GamePad. Miyamoto feels that using the 3DS as a GamePad poses many problems along with the benefits, but is keeping the idea in mind for the future. “Of course within Nintendo we’ve been giving a [...]
- By Zok on March 5, 2013NFC is most prominently seen in the Skylanders series or the upcoming Disney Infinity game. In these games, placing action figures on the NFC pad places virtual version in-game. In an interview with Polygon, Shigeru Miyamoto talked about the Wii U’s NFC feature that hasn’t received much attention until recently. In fact, you may have not even noticed the NFC button [...]
- By Zok on March 2, 2013Sakurai is developing Smash Bros., presumably for the Wii U and the 3DS, but he’s also been dealing with an arm injury that has given him difficulty. Understandably, testing the game has become an issue for Sakurai, as he only has one arm available. Sakurai says he’s been receiving many nice notes, but that fans shouldn’t worry about development.
- By Zok on March 2, 2013During a quick statement about the upcoming Ubisoft game Watch Dogs, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot restated his company’s support for the Nintendo Wii U, but also added that Ubisoft really wants the Wii U to have better sales. “We think Wii U is a great machine. But it just has to sell more.” For the most part, Ubisoft has [...]
- By Zok on February 25, 2013Nintendo has posted a Moster Hunter 3 interview video on their official YouTube channel which details some of the games multiplayer features, like cross-over save data between the Wii U and the 3DS, and wireless local multiplayer. Check it out below. The video confirms that up to three 3DS systems can connect with one Wii U to experience local multiplayer, [...]
- By Zok on February 25, 2013Ubisoft Bucharest Senior Producer, Dominic Guay, has revealed that View other posts about Watch Dogs is already working on the Wii U. However, the team still hasn’t decided on a good use of the GamePad controller, or how it will be integrated into the game. It’s also worth noting that Watch Dogs will utilize an all-new engine, named “Disrupt”, rather [...]
- Several Wii U accessories Nyko showcased at CES 2013 are now available, with the exception of the Nyko Power Pak for the GamePad. Charge Base Pro (Black/White) – Stores and charges up to two Wii U pro controllers, $29.99 Charge Station U - Charging station for the Wii U GamePad which can also charge two Wii remotes, $34.99 Power Pak for Wii U (available [...]
- EA’s Jayme Figueroa details Need for Speed: Most Wanted for the Wii U in the video below, sharing how Nintendo Land’s and New Super Mario Bros. U’s same-room multiplayer interaction influenced the latest Need for Speed title. It’s very clear from the start that EA really tried to incorporate a back-seat-driver mantra in Need for Speed: Most Wanted. With co-driver mode, [...]
- While it’s doubtful we’ll ever see Minecraft on the Wii U, everything’s possible. It’s fun to imagine what the Wii U could do in the future, and one Minecraft and Wii U fan did just that in creating a trailer of Minecraft Wii U. Check it out below.
- Right now Target has a great deal going on for the Wii U. Target is promising customers who buy the Wii U Deluxe Bundle a $25 gift card, plus the opportunity to pick up the Wii U games you want at a great discount. According to Target’s published material, you can also get any Wii U game for [...]
Posts tagged with ‘Wii U News’
Wii U News