- By Zok on May 2, 2013Iwata tells investors why some launch-window titles, like Pikmin 3, were delayed.
- By Zok on April 28, 2013In the latest Nintendo investor Q&A, Iwata thinks there are some people and game developers who still don't understand the Wii U.
- By Zok on February 6, 2013The Wii U GamePad is capable of NFC (Near-field communication), which is the almost the same technology swipe-less credit card readers use. A prevalent example is the Skylanders game series franchise, in which a player can see an action figure come to life in the video game. This feature could unlock a whole new aspect to the Wii U, but [...]
- By Zok on February 1, 2013President of Nintendo Satoru Iwata recently stated in the company’s financial briefing that he sees the general consumer as missing the value of the Wii U. He compared the Wii U to previous Nintendo consoles like the Nintendo Wii, and the handheld Nintendo DS, describing the Wii U as something that, like the twin-screened DS, will take more time for [...]
- During today’s Nintendo Direct presentation, Satoru Iwata apologized to fans for a lack of Wii U titles in January and February. He said that Nintendo is trying hard to provide a great Wii U lineup, but that means that some games need more time to meet Nintendo’s quality standards. “Nintendo takes seriously its responsibility to offer a steady stream of [...]
- Yet another game announced today during the Nintendo Direct presentation is a Wii U party game much like Wii Party, for the Nintendo Wii. The game will have several minigames for party play that take advantage of new Wii U features, especially the Wii U GamePad. Some of the games are showcased in the video below.
- Nintendo’s President, Satoru Iwata, revealed today that Mario Kart Wii U is being developed by Nintendo, and that we can expect to see a playable demo at E3 in June. No release date or farther details were given, but it’s safe to say we’ll probably see Mario Kart Wii U this holiday season. What will Mario Kart look like on [...]
- Not surprisingly, Satoru Iwata confirmed today that Nintendo is busy developing a Yoshi game for the Wii U. This news comes after a leak on Miiverse listed some form of Yoshi game, and several retailers listed the game on their website for preorder as well. The game will be a 2D platformer which has a unique yarn-type art style. [...]
- Virtual console capability for the Wii U was revealed in today’s Nintendo Direct. Satoru Iwata says that the Wii U’s virtual console will be unique in that it will offer Miiverse integration and GamePad play. He also confirmed the ability to save your game. Wii U virtual console will launch in Spring of this year, via a system update which [...]
- By Zok on November 14, 2012In the latest Nintendo Direct presentation, Nintendo revealed the true memory available for game content on the Wii U after all the system files are installed. If you’re getting the Basic Bundle, you may be disappointed, as the 8GB Wii U will only have a total of 3GB storage for your downloaded games. System files, along with downloaded program storage [...]
Posts tagged with ‘iwata’