Detailed instructions are given in the instruction manual which is part of the Wii U packaging, and without further ado, here’s the steps you have to take to transfer your data from the Wii to the Wii U.
1. Insert an SD card into your Wii U, and initiate the system transfer process.
2. Now put the SD card into your Wii, and through a upcoming system transfer tool downloaded from the Wii Shop, add the data.
3. Now place the SD card into your Wii U, and the data will be transferred, and then deleted from the SD card.
Yes, you might have to be swapping the SD card, and the Wii/Wii U’s graphic cords every minute, but at least system transfer is possible.
According to the instruction manual, here’s a list of data that you can transfer:
- Wii Software save data
- WiiWare and save data
- Virtual Console titles and save data
- Add-on content
- Wii Points
- Wii Shop Channel activity
- Mii characters
With all the trouble you’d have to go through, you may not want to worry about doing a system transfer. But if you have favorite downloadable Wii games, a huge amount of downloadable content, or just a chintzy spirit, system transfer is doable.